- This event has passed.
18/06/2018 - 21/06/2018
16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering
Mini-workshop on Wednesday, June 20
From 11.30 to 13.00
EARTHQUAKE INDUCED LIQUEFACTION RISK: HOLISTIC ASSESSMENT AND MITIGATION
Experts of seismic risk, earthquake-induced liquefaction, sustainability, safety and resilience of urban assets will discuss the approaches for the assessment and mitigation of liquefaction risk, as well as the strategies to determine its impact to the community.
The event aims at presenting the most recent advances regarding:
- assessment of liquefaction risk at different geographical scales
- vulnerability of buildings and of infrastructures
- ground improvement technologies
- holistic approaches for the mitigation of the liquefaction risk
The workshop will include a series of oral presentations and a discussion involving the participants, for a total time length of about 60 minutes.
The list of presentations is:
- Assessment of liquefaction risk at different geographical scales (Prof. Carlo G. Lai, University of Pavia)
- Liquefaction vulnerability of structures and infrastructures on liquefiable deposits (Prof. António Viana da Fonseca, University of Porto)
- Ground improvement to mitigate the liquefaction potential (Prof. Alessandro Flora, University Federico II of Napoli)
- Assessment of the liquefaction risk: case studies (Prof. Giuseppe Modoni, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio)
Discussion leader: Prof. Kyriazis Pitilakis.
Coordination: Giuseppe Modoni